Monday, May 4, 2009

Weekend away!

Thanks to Sean and Jenna, Chris and I were able to get a full 24 hours away from the girls. This was the first time that I felt I could separate myself from the kids and enjoy my husband without being worried, wondering if Emma was going to completely freak out. I took every moment of peace and quiet and soaked it in. It was awesome! Needless to say Chris and I took full advantage of our 24 hours together. Each polishing off 6 cocktails, 2 beers, and a shot of patron. We have so much fun going to different pubs and bars in Monterey. I had no idea that downtown Monterey had so much to see and do. We talked and talked and talked. Watched girl on girl action in the bar. Yeah.. it was pretty crazy. Not to mention these girls came with spouses and the girls swapped guys for a bit of the night. Of course the night ended in spins. A great hang over in the morning. But what the heck we gotta live it up right? Breakfast was awesome. Oh how I love eggs benedict. Took a nap in the car while Chris had a photo shoot and then we spent several hours on the coast walking and tide pooling. I can't wait until Mexico when we have 6 days with out the kids! There is nothing like finding a connection again with your spouse where you can go on and on in conversation without having to stop from kid distractions.



School is less than 2 weeks from being done. I am so excited! It will be a great break for a few years while I wait to get into the nursing programs. I'm certain I'll find some hobby to do in the meantime. Ok.. step number one get into super good shape. I've been running 3 miles a day on the treadmill, rediscovered Vinyasa locally, and have just started Zumba. I can't wait to get better at this Latin dance class. I'm still 2 steps behind the teacher but I think by the end of the month I'll have her moves down. I am hoping that I can start back at Yoga Source at least 1-2 times a week once school is over.

No comments: