Tuesday, May 19, 2009

oh the funny things in kindergarten

So yesterday the kindergarten teacher asked me to speak to her after school. My first thought was... oh shoot I shouldn't have let Kaitlin bring her soccer medal to school. Some kid didn't get one and cried about it.. but it was not the reason. Now.. if you could only see my face when I write this blog... as it brings tears of laughter to my eyes.



Apparently Kaitlin has been making a little boy at school feel very awkward by hugging him a lot and even giving him kisses on his arm on more than one occasion. Apparently she doesn't take No for an answer when this sweet little boy says back off. My daughter, nah? Now the mama of this little boy.. (oh by the way, this is her only child)... informed the teacher that not only did she want the teacher to have a talk with Kaitlin but that the teacher should also have a talk with me about Kaitlin's behavior.



What I find even more comical is the background story. Now we all know Kaitlin is betrothed to Austin. Yes I am reminded daily of her undying love for her friend in Alabama. There would be no way she would cheat on him... ok give her a couple years, but in her Kindergarten mind she is having 3 children with this little man and they have already had a practice wedding. They just need to be 18 to make it official.



Back in April Kaitlin comes to me and says, "Can you believe Tommy loves me, Kayla (classmate) told me that he loves me, but Bella told me she likes Tommy, so I told Bella that she's my friend and that I won't like Tommy." Of course I had to pry, "Are there any other boys who like you?" And of course, "oh yes.. there's Carson, Evan, even Alan likes me."



Now knowing my own devilish flirtation which I do remember starting very young my gut tells me Kaitlin is a little tease already. And yes I'm proud. I'm certain when she found out Tommy had a crush it gave her permission to dote on him in her mind.



Now on a completely different note, when did the good old fashion mom to mom talk stop? Or hello they're kids, REALLY? Did we already get a sexual harassment talk at 5.



So now I have to talk to Kaitlin, which I think is completely dumb as we all know Kaitlin is a huge love bug. But I do remember she has always by pasted that little word No when she doesn't feel the person really means it and she can be a little cuddle bug at times. So as I'm telling her what the teacher says.. mid sentence she interrupts me. "MOM why do two people need to tell me about this. My teacher already told me. I can't go near him, I am not allowed to touch him. I get it." And then I ask, "Did Tommy ever tell you no?".. and her response...."well he hugged me first."



Oh brother....

No comments: