Friday, May 8, 2009

Up early and at them

So today Kaitlin is going on a field trip to Alum Rock park to collect leaves and go for a hike. They are taking a school bus.... which is very exciting for her and somewhat terrifying for me. Just a few weeks back I chaperoned a field trip on the school bus. I'm blown away that in 2009 the buses still don't have seat belts. We raise our children to be so SAFETY conscious and then say.. but as long as there are 40 plus of you, no boosters or seat belts are need. Hmmmm...... interesting. But today will be a taste of what a full school day will be like without her next year. I'm SO HAPPY that this year was a half day. I feel like it will be a great transition in the Fall. Now I just need to find Emma a preschool part time for next year.

On a completely different and very happy note, my butt and thighs are shrinking! Yes my new jeans I bought a month ago are baggy on me. I'm looking forward to having them taken in on the waist. Vinyasa kicked my butt yesterday. But I feel so strong after taking this class. It's amazing how toned my arms are just doing this class once a week. I'm proud of Racheal who came and endured it with me. You go girl! Having Zumba on Wednesdays and Vinyasa on Thursdays is a great tag team on my body. But I need to get on youtube and figure out some of the dance moves as I'm finding a few of the foot moves are confusing to me.

Emma woke up in an excellent mood today. She's been super snuggly and happy. Watching Land Before Time with hot chocolate will do it any day. I made a new discovery this morning with Emma. She seems to feel that coming into bed in the middle of the night is FOR ME. Oh how sweet. Yes.. she said, "I'm so nice because I come and snuggle with you in the night." Hmmmm.... how do I explain to this wiggle worm that it's not snuggling, it's kick boxing. Something about getting punched in the face, stomach and back every night just has lost its appeal.

So I got up early and watched Grey's Anatomy. It was good, not great. I'm thinking they need to have something drastic happen for me to continue to next season. But was there not a new Private Practice? I'll have to check back on ABC later... this show has definitely peaked my interest this year. I was sad to see Dirty Sexy Money be cancelled. That was my favorite show for the season. Oh well..one less program to watch. I have to say though... canceling cable in March was a great decision. Everything is online now and thanks to Apple TV and Netflix we have everything at our finger tips.

No comments: