Friday, February 26, 2010

oh my



My future spa partner


This week has been CRAZY! Apart from a fantastic visit from Grandpa Steve Sunday night and Monday I would like to erase this week from my memory. Sunday Emma spiked a fever which then turned into pink eye, cough, and 103 fever. Poor kiddo. Since I'm all about natural medicine I tried a few remedies from www.earthclinic.com. Great site! Warm green tea bags did the trick after a few days (I think). This was the very first time we have had pink eye in our life and I don't wish it upon any mama (oh ya..or kid). I have done more laundry and cleaning of surfaces than I have in several months. Today alone 6 loads of house stuff. Anything they touch has to be washed. Yesterday Emma started to feel better (apart from 103 fevers still at 5pm like clockwork, thank you to who ever created ibuprofen), but then Kaitlin came home with a fever. Later that night Kaitlin looked like she had pink eye too. AWWWWW I could have lost my top at this point. Immediately I did the green tea bag treatment and it seems like after a few times of doing this it is gone. Outside of having a sick household our VERY DUMB dog decided to escape or do a VERY good job of hiding for 2 hours yesterday. Sick and sad kids who think their dog will never come home is NO fun. We walked all around the neighborhood after turning the house "upside down" to find no pup. Finally got a friend to watch the kids for a bit and came home to see the damn dog shaking like a leaf inside by the front door. I have to admit while searching for this 12 pound annoyance I was thinking it wouldn't be so bad to not find her as long as she was with someone who would be nice to her. Of course 2 hours later when I did see her I felt relief, but not as much as I should have. LOL....

On a me note, I got my hair trimmed and colored and my very first spray tan from my girlfriend who just started and needed testers. I love it! It's as if I went to Hawaii or Mexico without a burn. Super excited to try this again. I also got in my second sports massage. Jennifer you rock! I can tell with some strength training and your therapy I'll be able to run long distance again. I will I will I must.

With the kiddos being sick I've found that chips, pizza, sour dough toast, girl scout cookies, Ben and Jerry's along with any other snack I can find in the house bring much comfort to cabin fever. I've been feeling like we just had an earthquake and we're on lock down with limited supplies. No fun taking kids anywhere when they are sick.

Ok..so let's go back to last weekend. Fun trip to the city with a girlfriend and her friends on Saturday night. I was designated driver since the night before 2 glasses of wine at a crab feast made me feel dehydrated in the morning...yummmm crab dipped in hot garlic butter with lots of bread. Ok..side track, back to SF. This will be my 3rd trip to the city for 2010. More than all of 2009! We went to ChaChaCha's in the city. I've heard great things about it. Food was pretty decent but the sangria was top notch. I was a good girl and only had 1. Afterward we went to a club called Mr. Smiths. Might I say my cute top and jeans made me look like I was wearing a moo moo in comparison to the sluts..oops I mean young 20 year old girls on the dance floor. Being sober after 11pm is really quite funny. Especially watching the 3 inch heal stumblers. Fun time dancing until 12:30 or so before we decided to head home. As we left the bar a tall 70 year old punches a young African American in the face on the side walk. CRAZY! Then all of a sudden in 5 seconds all these guys started pounding each other into the pavement. It was insane! I couldn't figure out for the life of me what on earth had caused this abrupt argument but the surge of fear that I felt made me only care about getting my girlfriends and I to our car. Of course I called 911 but by the time I was giving the details 6 cops showed up and the guys ran in all different directions. The weirdest thing was that most of these guys were "men". Meaning all were at least in their late 20s if not 30s and 40s. It was the first time I haven't felt safe in the city so I think I'll be staying away from the mission district and 7th street and market. Besides..Union Square and Nob Hill bars are much more my style. haha..yes I am now officially and expert.

Last piece to my blog entry..a letter from my dear Kaitlin today after I yelled at her for throwing the remote over the fridge. How cute is this! Glad she feels she can show her feelings in a productive way.

Dear Mom
It was a asendent that the reamot went under the panchry wen you yeld at me i felt like you did not love me. I am very sorry and I mean it. It was verry mean to tell Emma to go to bed. Don't sey that to Emma ever agen and evrything will bee fin. Love Kaitlin.

On the back of the card is a heart, she said, "since you said sorry this means I forgive you."

No comments: