Monday, February 8, 2010

Great month so far

I know that I am mama on the run, but right now I feel like I am mama on the couch. LOL. After all the snacks I made yesterday, yummy artichoke dip, pigs in a blanket, deviled eggs, followed by potato salad and Dean's amazing ribs I am still stuffed. I should note I didn't watch a single minute of the Super Bowl, just ate the snacks with the Davidson Family and then Chris and I went to see Ova, Cirque Du Soliel. Great performance!

As for exercise, I need a jump start. With my injuries turned possible laziness at this point I've decided to join a group of friend on a 200 mile relay from Napa to Santa Cruz. 12 of us run 3 legs of 8.9 miles with a van and cheer squad. I'm looking forward to this adventure and praying my body just shuts up, gets better and runs like the wind. So wish me luck to then next few weeks of getting back in the game.
February has been amazing. My B day was fantastic. It started on a Sunday adventure in Monterey. Tidepooling and bike riding are the best! My actual B day was fantastic. Chris brought me the cutest personally made card EVER, filled with coupons including laundry being done, massages and foot rubs. Kaitlin LOVES birthdays. Whether it is hers or someone else it doesn't seem to matter. She gets SO excited! I opened my eyes to homemade Kaitlin cards two inches from my eyes at at 7:30ish....Kaitlin's smile...2 top teeth growing in with two big bottom teeth and a bunch of baby teeth surrounding them was just plain precious.
My girlfriend Michele took me out to lunch. For dinner we ate out at Carpos. Best burgers and fries. Emma was an ANGEL...asleep the whole time:) Kaitlin was incredibly happy about this because she didn't have to share her fruit punch/root beer concoction.

So far 2010 has been filled with reconnecting with people from my past. It's so neat to see where everyone is at in life. We are all just a little bit more grown up but still the same underneath. One of my girlfriends is in LA as an opera singer, another just finished her masters, and then one gal is working with autistic children. Our chosen career paths are different but we all have a positive forward thinking attitude. Again the core stays the same!

As Emma has grown more independent I've had more time lately to do my own stuff. Of course she is still with me all the time so I find myself on the computer all to much. At first following Haiti, then following the health care bill, then following the war... all very interesting but absolute downers. So I have decided to use my internet time for learning instead. It has been a great journey! 62 moons so far accounted for around Saturn, the Sun effects are climate to the point that international flights going near the poles have to correlate travel with solar flares, and the Dali Lama is one amazing man. It's been fun taking my own courses. I figure I might as well do this now because nursing school with be insanely busy and here before I know it.

Ok...off the computer for quality time with the munchkin.

No comments: