Thursday, March 18, 2010

Mid March Update

It's been a bit since my last blogging but two weeks of having sick kids and me being sick is really nothing to write about.
But last week we had a very productive week. My girlfriend Lesa turned 40. Her husband and I planned a fantastic surprise birthday party. Along side this fun activity I have been doing an art project with two first grade classes. Wooden planter box...I had the kids make flowers using their thumb print as petals. OMG..it is so stinking cute!
I was in both kids classrooms this week and last with a fun field trip to the Natural History Museum with Kaitlin's class. It was so much fun to see Kaitlin experience the same first grade trip I had many years ago. Although the little museum expanded a bit, for the most part it was exactly the same. Especially the big giant life size humpback whale in front that all the kids climbed on.
My other big project has been helping out with our annual spring auction. Gault's largest fundraiser. It is so cool to see how many local business are still donating even with all the crazy economy stuff. Of course to date the collections are lower than last year, but I think that is to be expected.
This week Kaitlin and Emma started swim lessons. Kaitlin is swimming like a fish and Emma is getting a lot more comfortable with water. 6 months ago she would barely get into the water without me and now she is the loud mouth laughing energetic kid in the class. I was cracking up today because I could hear her distinct shriek over every other child in the pool. I think she is a lot for the teacher to handle but that is ok by me. I use to worry about her shyness..not anymore!

Today I was in Emma's class with 20 little preschoolers. I had more fun today than ever before. All of the kids are so different. Their personalities are so unique.

As you can tell I have been at the kid's schools more than anything.

On a completely different note I bought a juicer with my birthday money. I am SOOO excited about using it. Oranges, apples, carrots oh so yummy. I even added an orange bell pepper and no one could tell. HAHAHA It's amazing..using the juicer I can actually say we have been eating the recommended about of fruits and veggies. So cool. Plus all this fresh produce has been giving me a new source of energy I didn't know I had.

It has been a fun filled few weeks, we are off to Sonora to visit Maryann and Dave this weekend. Woohoo! I'm excited to see them. I need to get most of the past few weeks pics off of Chris' phone. I'll upload them later.

No comments: